areas of business | joint ventures, subsidiaries, acquisitions | location
Tata Projects (TPL) is an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracting company. Established in 1979, it is one of the very few Indian construction companies to acquire the triple certification of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Areas of business
The company provides EPC services through seven business units:
- Power generation: Captive power plants, balance of plant for thermal plant utilities up to 800 MW unit capacity and total EPC contracts on turnkey basis up to 350 MW unit size.
- Transmission and distribution: High-voltage transmission lines up to 765 kV, GIS sub-stations, 400 kV sub-stations and rural electrification.
- Water and wastewater: Desalination plants, water and effluent treatment plants, demineralisation, defluoridation and mobile purification (reverse osmosis) plants..
- Railways: Construction of new lines, overhead electrification, consultancy and project evaluation / surveys.
- Metals and minerals: Structural fabrication and equipment manufacturing for steel plants, by-product plants and blast furnace upgradation, erection of coke oven machines and upgradation of continuous casting machine.
- Oil, gas and hydrocarbon: Gas compression stations, tank farms and terminals, and piping of oil dispatch terminals.
- Quality services: Third-party inspection services, expediting services for industrial inspections and on-site / field inspection services.
Joint ventures, subsidiaries and acquisitions
- Al-Tawleed Energy & Power Company: TPL entered into a 30:70 joint venture with Abdullah Ibrahim Al-Towaijiri & Partners Co and formed Al-Tawleed Energy & Power Company in February 2006 to execute power, infrastructure and industrial projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Artson Engineering: TPL acquired a 75-per cent controlling stake in Artson Engineering Limited (AEL) in January 2008. AEL is one of the leading design, engineering, procurement and construction companies in petroleum storage and handling systems. The expertise of AEL enhances EPC business opportunities in domestic and overseas markets, especially in the oil, gas and hydrocarbon (OHG) sector.
- TEIL Projects: TPL entered into a 50:50 joint venture with Engineers India Limited, a central government public sector unit, and formed TEIL Projects Limited in July 2008 for execution of EPC projects. The synergies of both the companies are leveraged for execution of EPC projects in the area of captive power plant generation sector up to 150 MW (metal, cement, paper industries and cogen plants) and special category high-value EPC projects in OGH viz grassroot refineries, petrochemical process units, HS crude processing facilities, alumina refinery projects, etc.
- TPL - TQA Quality Services (Pty): In pursuance with the orders for inspection received by SBU-QS from Eskom Holdings Limited, the largest power utility in the Republic of South Africa (RSA), to undertake inspection of thermal, hydro and nuclear power plant equipment and transmission lines within and outside South Africa, TPL incorporated joint venture companies in RSA and Mauritius in April 2009.
Headquartered in Secunderabad, India, Tata Projects has regional offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata and Abu Dhabi, UAE, as also inspection offices in major Indian cities.