areas of business | location
Tata Quality Management Services (TQMS) is a division of Tata Sons. Its mission is to provide value to Tata companies for exponentially enhancing their performance excellence and global competitiveness.
Areas of business
TQMS collaborates with Tata companies, through long and short-term initiatives in the following key areas:
- TBEM assessment: TBEM is a ‘customised-to-Tata’ adaptation of the globally renowned Malcolm Baldrige model. TQMS helps Tata companies use the model to gain insights on their business strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- TBEM training: The various TBEM programmes aim to develop business excellence champions for the assessment process and sharpen the assessment skills of assessors to meet the growing and changing business needs within the Tata group.
- Improvement services: TQMS provides consultancy services in customer-driven excellence, knowledge management (to enhance sharing of resources and best practices), innovation, Total Quality Management, balanced scorecard and other improvement methodologies to help drive improvement within Tata companies.
- Climate change: TQMS aims to create relevant awareness about climate change and provides assistance to Tata companies through programmes and initiatives.
- Innovation: The Tata Group Innovation Forum (TGIF) works on enhancing the innovation ecosystem and accelerating the focus on innovation in Tata companies. It has developed several diagnostic tools for innovation.
- Corporate governance and ethics: TQMS guides Tata companies in their quest for excellence in corporate governance and in the inculcation of ethics among employees. The TCoC serves as a roadmap for employees on values, ethics and business principles, while corporate governance is covered under TBEM assessment which helps companies reflect upon and improve governance practices.
- Safety: TQMS is working to enable Tata companies to benchmark and achieve world-class excellence in safety standards.
- Education excellence: TQMS has developed the Tata Education Excellence Programme which has been adapted from the Malcolm Baldrige Criterion for Performance Excellence and initiated it in the eastern region of India, around Jamshedpur.
TQMS is headquartered in Pune with offices in Mumbai, Jamshedpur, Bangalore and the UK.