areas of business | location
Incorporated in 2001, mjunction services is a diversified e-commerce company, which has since grown not only to be India’s largest e-commerce company but also India’s largest e-marketplace for steel. Operating on both sides of the enterprise supply chain – the buy side and the sell side – mjunction specialises in the domains of commodities, industrial products, consumer products and services. Innovating constantly, mjunction, which was originally named metaljunction.com, forayed into new businesses like e-finance, automobiles, publications and conferences, and also made a shift from the B2B to B2C space through its own online retail portal.
Evolving from a fledgling start-up, mjunction has today e-transacted goods and services worth over Rs 160,000 crore through its various business verticals.
Areas of business
mjunction offers a wide range of e-selling, e-sourcing, e-finance and e-knowledge services for enhancing process efficiencies across industry verticals. It operates through the following divisions:
- buyjunction: This business unit provides assisted sourcing and procurement outsourcing services by managing non-strategic spend categories and delivering guaranteed savings. It serves clients in the metals, telecom, energy, chemicals and consumer goods sectors, and government and public sector enterprises. It has procured goods and services worth over Rs 58,000 crore till date.
- coaljunction: This unit facilitates the e-auction of coal and coal products against a nominal service fee. coaljunction deals in raw coal, washed coal, hard coke, coke breeze, crude coal tar as well as imported coal. More than 14,000 coal buyers purchase over a million tonnes of coal through coaljunction every month.
- metaljunction: The world’s largest e-marketplace for steel, metaljunction has sold over 10 million tonnes of steel online over the past 11 years. metaljunction has empowered more than 12,000 unique buyers to buy directly from steel mills without any intermediaries.
- valuejunction: This unit focuses on the sale of old and idle assets and aims at extracting the highest realisation price for the assets that it sells for its clients. valuejunction has conducted auctions of movable and immovable assets worth over Rs 2,500 crore till date.
- financejunction: This unit provides IT-enabled financing solutions to channel partners and clients in association with leading foreign and private sector banks in the country. Since inception, financejunction has arranged for over Rs 25,000 crore of organised finance to distributors and retailers in the steel and coal supply chains.
- mjunctionedge: Set up with the intention of disseminating knowledge, this unit publishes industry magazines on steel and coal as well as high-end online reports on industry verticals the company serves. It gives out reliable and often exclusive information on the industry. This unit also organises international conferences, facilitating networking and knowledge sharing among industry leaders, experts and decision- makers.
- autojunction: This is a one-stop destination for the most exhaustive, updated and helpful auto- related content online, not only for the automotive consumer but also for the automotive enthusiast. It also provides them with the best deals on various products and services.
- straightline: This is mjunction’s online retail shopping portal, offering a whole range of consumer products. Its unique features include conveniences like corporate loyalty and gifting options. straightline has also tapped into the potential of corporate gifting solutions by providing end-to-end loyalty management solutions.
Headquartered in Kolkata, India, the company has 12 offices across the country.